Sunday, March 11, 2012

Gym Uniforms Are You Serious?

I have nothing against gym. It's one of those few classes where you actually don't notice that you are putting forth a lot of effort. The only thing I have against gym is that freshmen are expected to buy a uniform. I would simply buy an ugly gym uniform for 20 dollars if it was needed, but if you truly think about it you don't need a school uniform. I honestly think you'd be fine just wearing a shirt and shorts that don't have your school's name across them. I have as much school spirit as anyone else, but I think the uniform is a waste of money. First off the clothes are extremely big because their unisex. The smalls are huge and baggy on all of the girls and most of the boys. I personally do not like running around in a giant shirt and shorts for an hour a day.
The gym teacher also makes you write your name nice and big right across the front of the shirt. I don't believe in broadcasting my name so big that it is impossible to miss. It looks weird being printed on the shirt because all the other words on the shirt or so neat, and the name stands out in an unappealing way. I do understand that you write your name so that people won't steal shirts, but if everyone had their own different shirt then wouldn't that eliminate the problem? Someone could just write their name on the inside of the shirt and if it gets lost they could describe what their shirt looks like.
I also think the whole buying uniforms is idiotic because you only where it for half of the school year. After P.E. is over then you never wear that ugly shirt ever again. When the upperclassmen go to their specialty gym class, they just where a simple shirt and shorts. What is the point of buying a uniform if only freshmen wear it? The normal school spirit wear is much better looking than the gym uniform; I rather wear the spirit wear. I like buying clothes that are cute and I can wear for awhile. It doesn't make sense for me to pay 20 dollars for something that isn't going to be of any use to me. I hope I'm not the only one in the world who thinks that.

No comments:

Post a Comment